57th Annual Juried Competition on view Feb 27 – May 9, 2020
Reception with Juror’s Talk and Prize Announcements: TBA
Please read Terms and Conditions before submitting! Submission of entry form signifies the artist’s understanding and acceptance of all terms and conditions provided below:
5:00 pm CST, Thursday, Dec 5, 2019: Online submission deadline
Jan 17, 2020: Artist notifications sent
Feb 3-12: Artwork delivery period
February 27 – May 9, 2020: Exhibition on view
May 13-27: Artwork pickup and return shipping
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Artist Statements
Statement documents MUST NOT include your name as the judging process is done blind. Statements must be 250 words or less. Please do not include a biography or CV with your statement. The Masur reserves the right to exclude any artist statement if it does not comply with our standards of display. Artists will have the opportunity to supply a biographical statement if selected for the exhibition.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to United States residents at least 18 years of age.
- All work must be completed after December 1, 2017 and must not have been previously displayed at the Masur Museum of Art.
- All work must be original works by the submitting Artist.
- Artists may submit artwork online through 5:00 pm CST on Thursday, December 5, 2019. Technical difficulties should be reported immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submitting artists retain copyright to their images. Artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant the Masur Museum of Art the right to use their images for the purpose of promoting the artist, museum, and exhibitions and for subsequent display on the Museum’s website for current, past, and/or future Annual Juried Competition exhibitions. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. Images may be placed on social media by the Masur Museum of Art with artist credit. Artist agrees artwork may also be photographed by the Masur Museum for publicity, promotion, and/or education. Artist agrees to allow public photographs of exhibited artwork.
- By submitting artworks in this competition, Artist agrees that these works are available for the posted exhibition dates. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
- All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate framing, unless hanging by grommets, magnets, or pins is integral to the work. Works on gallery-wrapped canvas must have sides painted with no staples showing.
- Work not meeting the Masur Museum of Art’s display standards will not be shown.
- Two-dimensional work may not exceed 85” in height and 60” in width.
- Three-dimensional work must not exceed 60” in any direction and must weigh less than 75 pounds. To request an exception, please email the Curator at email@example.com before entering. Artwork exceeding size/weight rules not pre-approved by Curator will not be considered for acceptance.
- Installation art will not be accepted unless first discussed with a curator. Please email the curator at firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your artwork.
- Upon acceptance, artists will provide the Museum with artwork insurance value, title display information, and an artist’s statement (not to exceed 250 words).
- The Masur Museum of Art reserves the right to reject works from the exhibition for any reason, including but not limited to: artwork significantly differs from entry image, is extremely fragile or unstable, or presents a danger to staff or surrounding artworks.
Online Entry Process
- Artists may submit a minimum of two (2) and maximum of five (5) works of art at $10/artwork.
- Video entries are limited to two (2) videos per artist. Videos must be under 5 minutes and should be compressed before attempting upload.
- Payment of entry fees and submission of images for judging signifies the artist’s understanding and acceptance of all terms and conditions of the call for entry as provided here.
- All artwork images are viewed anonymously by the Juror. Accepted artists’ names and contact information is held confidential by the Museum Curator until selections are made by Juror.
- Artists must not include their name or identifying information on any uploaded files, including artist statement. Files which fail to comply will not be reviewed by the juror.
- Artists are not fully registered for the jury process until fees are paid. Entry fees are non-refundable except in emergency cancellation of the Exhibition.
- Artist is responsible for all shipping and transit costs, including insurance, to and from the Museum.
- Artist agrees to include a prepaid return label, appropriate stamps, or a FedEx account number with original artwork shipment.
- Shipping packaging and artwork must be clearly marked to identify the artist, and all packing materials must be re-usable. Any specific installation instructions or unusual hardware must be included in the original packaging.
- Every reasonable precaution will be taken with the handling of artwork. Condition reports will be completed at time of unpacking, and again at re-packing by qualified members of staff.
- All artwork to be shown at the Masur Museum will be insured against damage and theft while in the possession of the Museum. The Masur Museum of Art cannot be held responsible for damages to artwork during shipping. Artwork damaged while in possession of the Museum will be evaluated and artist will be contacted immediately with an incident report and photographs.
- Artwork may be listed for sale at Artist’s discretion, provided it will remain in the Masur Museum until close of show. The Masur Museum does not take a consignment on sales.
About the Masur Museum of Art
The Masur Museum of Art is the largest collecting and exhibiting institution of modern and contemporary art in Northeast Louisiana. We are dedicated to bringing our community dynamic public programming that emphasizes artists from Louisiana, the Southeast, and around the world.